Friday, May 30, 2014

Chicago Events!

Yesterday I arrived in Chicago, where everything fun that I've ever wanted to do is about to happen.

First up, on May 31- June 1 is CAKE (Chicago Alternative Comics Expo!) This will be my first time tabling at CAKE, I'll be at the table for Conundrum Press. I'll be at table 52B with fellow comic artist, Dakota McFadzean. Chicago is known for having a great comics scene so I can't wait to make some new friends and buy lots of paper goodies.


The following weekend, June 6-8 is the International Photobooth Convention (IPC) hosted at A&A Studios. I'm one of the organizers for this year's convention and I'm really excited for all the programming we've put together. There's a good balance of events for photobooth artists, technicians, vintage photo collectors and for the general public too, who just like to have their pictures taken in these wonderful machines!


Lastly, on Thursday June 12th at 7pm, Photobooth: A Biography is having it's own book launch at Quimby's Bookstore! Quimby's is a pillar of the comic's community and they also happen to have a functional chemical photobooth in the store! I'm really excited for this evening, I'm working on a special presentation and attendees will receive a special treat!

RSVP on the facebook event!


After all that, I'm staying in town for a few more days for the Blues Festival and to laze around with friends. Let me know if you'd like to laze around!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete