Saturday, June 1, 2013

Graphic Novel News!



I'm delighted to announce two pieces of excellent news.

Firstly, today I signed a book deal for Photobooth, A Biography, the graphic novel that I've been working on for the last year. Conundrum Press will be publishing the book as part of their Spring 2014 line up. I'm thrilled to be working with Conundrum, who've published several of my favourite artists/writers including Jillian Tamaki and Michel Rabagliati. The press is ran by Andy Brown, who has a soft spot for photobooths, so this partnership should work out perfectly.

Secondly, early this week I got a letter informing me that a grant application I wrote in January was successful! The Alberta Foundation for the Arts has awarded me the full amount I applied for, which will cover most of my expenses until I finish Photobooth, A Biography. I feel so fortunate to be able to treat this book like my job. I feel very grateful and quite happy.

I haven't shared any content from the book in many months, I'm supposed to keep it under wraps. But today is special, so in the spirit of the good news, here are two of the newer Photobooth Portraits.
 
Copyright 2013 Meags Fitzgerald

No comments:

Post a Comment