Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cyberspace Acquisitions


Before I left for Newfoundland I did some online shopping. I have practical applications in mind for each of the things I bought, but if I'm really honest with myself, I just plain like collecting. I also love a full mailbox, so knowing that these three parcels were waiting for me upon my return was very exciting.

Firstly I bought these vintage photobooth pictures of the same woman but taken on three different days (you have to look closely at her clothes to tell.) I bought them in order to digitally collage them for some promotional materials for a project... but also because they're great.

Secondly, I finally bought "Photobooth Dogs." I already have almost every other book published on photobooths and was holding out on buying this one because ... (I'm about to become very unlikeable) ... I don't like dogs. In fact I like dogs so little that I haven't actually opened this book yet, though hopefully it holds tidbits of information that will prove insightful while I'm researching my book. 

And lastly, I bought these envelopes (on the left) for my Mail Art recipients. I like them because they have no text and the planes are red and green, instead of red and blue. Both these facts make these envelopes particularly unique. I can't wait to start using them! On the right are some of the envelopes that I've gradually bought, mostly from Etsy and eBay over the year and a half.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Meags
    I love the quartet of photos of your 1960s lady. I have my own collection of lovely 60s pics of the same lady over a period of time. If you have time to take a look the series of posts I did about her (http://photoboothjournal.wordpress.com/category/my-femme-fatale/)you will see it ends with a reference to the book Photobooth Dogs. Good luck with your work!
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete