Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Feministory

A couple weeks ago I submitted a one page comic to Bitch Magazine, out of Portland, Oregon. Every issue has a theme and a feature called “Adventures in Feministory”, the theme for the Fall 2012 issue will be “Elemental”. After much thought I decided the subject of my comic would be the career of Rosalind Franklin; the Jewish-British scientist who worked on decoding the molecular structure of DNA in the 1950s.

In addition to the finished comic, as part of my proposal I also drew up these portraits of two other women I’d be happy to make comics about. I did these drawings with ink and brush and tinted them afterwards in Photoshop.

I won’t put the finished comic here in case it is selected, though it will be a month or so until I find out. Cross your fingers for me!

1 comment:

  1. very cool, Meagsie! I hope Bitch publishes you!
    -lise

    ReplyDelete